Michigan Chapter - National Association of Directors of Nursing Administration in Long-Term Care
NADONA has been the leading advocate and educational organization for DONs, ADONs, and Nurse Leaders in long term and post acute care since 1986. With 32 state chapters, it continues to be the largest organization representing nurses working in long-term and post-acute care settings. The Michigan Chapter of NADONA has more than 200 members throughout the state of Michigan. Each year, the MI-NADONA/LTC
Annual Convocation & Expo brings together approximately 250 Directors of Nursing, Nurse Managers, Unit/Charge Nurses, and Corporate Clinical Consultants from skilled nursing facilities across the state.
The Health Care Association of Michigan (HCAM) is honored to be the exclusive event manager for the MI-NADONA/LTC, including the Annual Convocation & Expo.
Thursday, October 26
- Move-In & Set-Up: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm EST
- Exhibitor Lunch with Nurse Attendees: 11:30 - 1:15pm EST
- Exhibitor Briefing & Exhibitor Appreciation Drawing: 3:00 pm EST
- Annual Vendor Expo Show: 3:30 - 5:30 pm EST
- Attendee Prize Giveaway: 5:00 pm EST
- Tear-Down & Move-Out: 5:30-7:30 pm EST
- PARTY: 7:30-10:30 pm EST
Exhibitor & Sponsorship Options
All booths include:
Standard ID Sign, 8 ft table with linen, 2 chairs, 1 wastebasket, 2 vendor passes with access to all Thursday events, and access to conference attendee list (no emails)
Standard Booth (10' x 10')
$1,200 on or before August 1, 2023
$1,400 after August 1, 2023
Standard Booth w/ Prize Hunt (10' x 10')
$1,400 on or before August 1, 2023
$1,600 after August 1, 2023
Premium Booth w/ Prize Hunt (20' x 10')
$1,800 on or before August 1, 2023
$2,000 after August 1, 2023
|$500.00||General Conference Sponsor|
Provide a general conference sponsorship to support MI-NADONA/LTC.
Sponsor the refreshments for attendees for one day.
Sponsor one of the breakfasts during the conference.
|$750.00||Education Session Sponsor|
Sponsor one of the concurrent breakout sessions.
|$1,000.00||Candy Station Sponsor|
Sponsor our ever-popular candy station - refueling our nurses with chocolates and sweets in the common area.
|$1,000.00||Charging Station Sponsor|
Sponsor our charging station for mobile devices in the common area.
Sponsor one of the keynote presenters during the conference.
Sponsor the lanyard provided at registration to all attendees. MI-NADONA will purchase lanyards with your logo.
|$1,500.00||Awards Luncheon Sponsor|
Sponsor the Awards & Recognition Luncheon honoring this year's award recipients. This event is our most highly attended event of Convocation.
Sponsor the evening networking event on Thursday, October 26 from 7:30-10:30 pm. This party will feature two hours of hosted bar and heavy appetizers. This is THE party of the year for Michigan Directors of Nursing. Help us celebrate our DONs in style!
|$2,000.00||Relaxation Room Sponsor|
Sponsor the relaxation room available throughout the conference. This popular room features coloring books, diffused essential oils, chair massages, and more to help our nurses decompress and rejuvenate themselves.
|$2,500.00||Cozy & Warm Sponsor|
Sponsor our cozy & warm station at the event where attendees can grab a blanket if the meeting room gets too chilly! Blankets with your logo will be supplied by HCAM.
|$3,000.00||Mobile App Sponsor|
Sponsor the mobile app for the conference. Featuring your logo on the home screen of the app!
|$4,000.00||Headshot Station Sponsor|
NEW! After wild success at the HCAM Convention in 2019, MI-NADONA is bringing a professional photographer to their convocation to provide complimentary professional headshots for attendees. Your logo will be included in all marketing including the distribution of the headshots to attendees.
|$5,000.00||Exclusive Nurse Gift Sponsor|
Sponsor the special gift provided to attendees. Gift TBD by the NADONA Board. The 2019 nurse gift was a bottle of DoTerra Essential Oil.
Expo Floor Plan
Terms & Conditions
Code of Conduct
Third Party Solicitors
Exhibitor Badge Policy
Suitcasing & Direct Sales
- MI-NADONA/LTC fees, and included benefits, are non-transferable and non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash or credit value. Engagement inclusions/benefits cannot be shared amongst multiple organizations. If an event is cancelled for any reason beyond MI-NADONA’s control, HCAM and MI-NADONA will not be held liable for any expenses already incurred by the exhibitor or sponsor.
- Sponsorships: All sponsorship sales are final and non-refundable. If it is deemed by both parties that no other viable sponsorship is available, the sponsorship will be refunded less any costs for merchandise purchased by HCAM that contains the logo of the sponsor (example: logo lanyards).
- Exhibits: All exhibitor cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to HCAM. Exhibitor cancellations received on or before July 1, 2022 will be assessed a fee of half the cost of the contracted booth(s). After July 1, 2022, all exhibitor sales are final and any booth fees become non-refundable. All exhibitor cancellations include the forfeiture of all exhibitor badges.
- It is important for HCAM to contact your organization throughout the year. If the individual responsible for maintaining your selection(s) changes, please notify Mary Gettel at firstname.lastname@example.org or update your registration profile in Swoogo as soon as possible.
- Sponsors and Exhibitors may promote their engagement with MI-NADONA/LTC however, the use of HCAM or MI-NADONA/LTC logos and statements indicating HCAM or MI-NADONA/LTC endorses your organization are strictly prohibited.
- Due to privacy laws, HCAM cannot provide attendee lists that include anything more than name, title and facility. Lists will include only the names of attendees who opt-in to having their name included on attendance lists.
- In the interest of the success of the entire event, partners, sponsors and exhibitors agree not to extend invitations, call meetings, host events or otherwise encourage the absence of attendees or exhibitors during the official hours of the event including education sessions, exhibit show hours, and networking events. Exhibitors agree to abide by the installation and dismantle times set by HCAM and to have at least one person staffing their booth during all published exhibit hours. HCAM prohibits the sharing or subleasing of booth space. Two or more companies may not share the same space.
HCAM has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, HCAM asks that you inform either Melissa Samuel, President/CEO, email@example.com or Mary Gettel, Director of Education, firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of anyone associated with our event. Examples include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking behaviors.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by HCAM throughout the meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any event staff.
Additional prohibited activities include:
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
- Participants are strictly prohibited from recording, distributing or otherwise publicizing sessions in any manner, unless prior approval is received in writing from both the association and the individual presenter. All materials are proprietary and protected.
- Sharing personal event registration sign on information with other individuals to attempt circumventing registration payment in prohibited.
- Participants are prohibited from accessing the program on two devices at the same time.
- All registrants must present a conference name badge to enter education sessions, earn credit, and/or participate in networking functions or meals.
HCAM reserves the right to block access to the event and/or prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtual or in person, and seek legal action against violators where applicable.
- HCAM does not sell attendee lists or member lists.
- HCAM is aware that third-party vendors are contacting exhibitors and attendees about lead lists which purport to consist of attendee contact information. This is a SCAM. Please note that HCAM does not sell attendee lists to outside parties. These companies are NOT affiliated with or endorsed by HCAM. We continue to investigate these solicitations and apologize for the inconvenience.
- HCAM also does not endorse nor contract any third-party room reservation companies. All reservations will need to be made directly with the hotel. Any third party solicitation should be treated as a scam.
Exhibiting companies must request and obtain name badges for distribution only to the exhibiting company’s employees who will staff their booth during show hours. Name badges will include the name of the employee along with the name of the exhibiting company. No one will be allowed into the event without a name badge.
Exhibitor Badge Policy: Please note, only current employees of the exhibiting company may acquire a badge! All employees of an exhibiting company must be prepared during show hours to show proof of employment with a business card. The failure of an employee to demonstrate proof of employment with a business card will result in confiscation of the unauthorized name badge and immediate escorting of the non-employee individual off of the trade show floor. In addition, should it be discovered that a non-employee of an exhibiting company is wearing a name badge or that the exhibiting company obtained a name badge for a non-employee or participated in a scheme to obtain a name badge for a non-employee, the exhibiting company will be prohibited from exhibiting at the following year’s HCAM Annual Convention & Expo.
No Suitcasing! Representatives of companies that have not purchased a booth will not be allowed to show products, discuss services, or otherwise solicit business in the trade show area; that right is reserved exclusively for representatives of those companies that have purchased booths. Anyone who violates this policy will be escorted from the Trade Show and will not be permitted to re-enter for the duration of the convention.
No Direct Sales! Due to security and sales tax implications, no firm or organization sponsoring the event or serving as an exhibitor is permitted to engage in direct sales (cash, check, or credit card) activity within the exhibit area or contracted conference space. As well, payment information for future orders is not permitted to be collected within the exhibit area or contracted conference space.
Prizes & Giveaways
Upgrade to one of 20 available Prize Hunt booths to be featured on the attendee's Prize Hunt card, which will be used in the drawing for ALL exhibitor provided prize giveaway items and the grand prizes from MI-NADONA. Exhibitors who contract a Prize Hunt booth will be acknowledged on a feature page in the Vendor Catalog.
Exhibitors are encouraged to purchase a prize at least $50 in value for the attendee prize giveaway. Previous prizes have included designer handbags, trips/excursions, wine baskets, spa baskets, smart devices such Amazon Echo, gift cards or cash, and exhibitor products (such as 1 year free license of software).
Participating exhibitors will be encouraged to proudly display their prize at their own booth during the expo show. Prize winners will be drawn from the collected Prize Hunt cards to promote attendee fairness so that each attendee has the opportunity to win 1 prize.
Attendees will visit each of the 20 prize hunt booths indicated on their prize hunt card to get their cards validated by the participating prize hunt booth exhibitors. Once the attendee’s prize hunt card is completely validated, the attendee will drop their card into the prize raffle drum located on the prize stage.
Around 4:30 PM, an HCAM representative will draw and announce prize raffle winners from the prize stage. Attendees who have won a raffle prize will collect their prize directly from the exhibitor prior to the conclusion of the expo.
MI-NADONA/LTC is grateful for the amazing partnership of our many exhibitors who help support this event. To show our sincere appreciation, all 2022 contracted exhibitors will have their company name in a drawing for the chance to win a complimentary booth at next year’s expo. The drawing will take place during the exhibitor briefing.
Congratulations to the winner of this year’s free booth (drawn at the 2021 Expo): Guardian Pharmacy
On‐site at Convocation, the MI‐NADONA/LTC Board of Directors will be selling Scholarship Prize Drawing giveaway tickets to support the Margaret Godfrey Scholarship Fund and Jim Bebb Certification Scholarship Fund to help promote the professional development of Michigan nurses and CNAs who are pursuing their nursing license. All proceeds will directly benefit these scholarship funds.
All exhibitors are encouraged to participate by purchasing tickets for themselves and/or the nurse attendees! Scholarship Prize Giveaway tickets would make a GREAT prize at expo!
As of October 17, Motor City Casino Hotel is under a union strike and can no longer host our 2023 MI-NADONA Convocation scheduled for October 25-27, 2023. As such, we are relocating our conference to the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center located at 400 Renaissance Dr W, Detroit, MI 48243.
Impacts to attendees/exhibitors:
- Hotel room rate is now $200++ instead of $169++. If you had a reservation at Motor City Casino Hotel, it is currently being transferred to the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center. Once it is transferred, you will receive an email confirmation from the Detroit Marriott and a cancellation notice from Motor City.
- Self-parking at the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center is $25 per day; valet is $42 per day.
- Exhibitors: shipping information is changing – I will send you instructions as soon as I have them from the hotel. If you are able to hand-carry your materials, that would be the best option.
We are working as hard as we can to ensure a smooth transition to the new venue. We apologize for any inconvenience, please bear with us as we make changes to the agenda, website, etc. to accommodate the change in venue.
Thank you for your understanding.
Director of Education
Health Care Association of Michigan
Current List of Exhibitors/Sponsors
|Company||Registrant Type||Booth Number||Sessions Selected|
|Acadia Pharmaceuticals||Standard Booth (10' x 10')||06|
|AdvaCare Systems||Standard Booth (10' x 10')||13|
|AHSA||Standard Booth w/ Prize Hunt (10' x 10')||34-PH|
|All Med Medical Supply||Standard Booth w/ Prize Hunt (10' x 10')||18-PH|
|Card Vascular LLC||Standard Booth (10' x 10')||16|
|CareerStaff Unlimited||Standard Booth (10' x 10')||30|
|CareLinc Medical||Premium Booth w/ Prize Hunt (20' x 10')||20-PH|
|Compass Communications Group LLC||Standard Booth (10' x 10')||19|
|Detroit Chemical & Paper Supply Company||Standard Booth (10' x 10')||11|
|Elite Medical Staffing||Standard Booth w/ Prize Hunt (10' x 10')||07-PH|
|Envista Health||Standard Booth w/ Prize Hunt (10' x 10')||23-PH|
|Exquisite Staffing Solutions, LLC.||Standard Booth (10' x 10')||04|
|Fitzsimmons Hospital Services||Standard Booth w/ Prize Hunt (10' x 10')||05-PH|
|Guardian Pharmacy of Michigan||Standard Booth (10' x 10')||21||General Conference Sponsor|
|HomeTown Pharmacy LTC||Standard Booth w/ Prize Hunt (10' x 10')||29-PH|
|HPSI||Standard Booth (10' x 10')||12|
|Impact Medical||Standard Booth (10' x 10')||28|
|Lightyear Health||Standard Booth (10' x 10')||32|
|McKesson Medical-Surgical||Standard Booth w/ Prize Hunt (10' x 10')||01-PH|
|McLaren Health Management Group||Standard Booth w/ Prize Hunt (10' x 10')||03-PH|